Wednesday, December 9, 2009

SSI woes!

I applied for SSI 4 years ago and have had two hearings already. This time I had a lawyer and I still got denied. I am so sick of this crap with them. I am ready to give up but social security said not to. They said I will eventually get it. I was hoping I would have gotten it in time for Christmas but that isn't happening now. I am just tired of messing with them.

I suffer from social anxiety disorder and Bipolar disorder. My husband got it for being Bipolar and it only took him seven months. I have been fighting them for 4 years now. My brother-n-law got it for having a seizure disorder and it only took him two months. Neither one of them had to go to a hearing and they didn't have to get a lawyer. The lawyer I had was supposed to be one of the best in this area. When I went to the hearing, I had to do almost all of the talking. She was a half hour late and she mostly just sat there. When I appeal this time, I am getting a new lawyer.

I also suffer from depression and this time of year it is worse. The days are shorter and it is cold and snowy and rainy most of the time. We don't have a car and even if we did we couldn't go anywhere when the roads are bad. I really hate Winter and as much as I like Christmas, it looks like we won't have much of one because I don't make much money online. I make enough to get by. I will just have to work a little harder, as usual.

Anyway, I am a little depressed today because of getting denied and decided I would write it down and maybe feel a little better. I hope I get it next time.

No comments: