Monday, September 3, 2007

A warning about Mirapex

Mirapex is a new restless leg syndrome medication. When I went to see my family doctor he decided to put me on that instead of Requip, even though I specifically asked for Requip. He said Requip would counteract with my anti depressants. Well he was really wrong because the Mirapex counteracted with my meds instead. It not only made my RLS worse but it also made me so depressed that I was actually having suicidal thoughts. I quit taking it immediately and felt fine afterwards. So it was definitely the Mirapex. So if you are on Mirapex and anti-depressants also then please be careful. Report any side effects to your doctor immediately.

Even though I have quit taking the Mirapex I am still feeling extremely depressed and it is not due to any meds. Although my Zoloft might have to be upped a little more. What my main problem is our bills are piling up and I need to find a full time writing job fast. My husband needs to find a new job also. I feel like the whole damn world is crashing down around me and there is nothing I can do to stop it from happening. That is all I feel like writing right now but I hope to feel better enough to write something positive next time. Sorry if I brought anyone down with me.

No comments: